Sunday, September 5, 2010

52 book challenge

Hey guys! When I was in High School I used to read a new book every other week or at least once a month. Unfortunately when I reached college, leisure reading took a backseat as I was swamped with required readings, homework, papers, and exams. Now that I'm in the third year I realized how much I have missed reading books and how different I have become since stopping to read books. What do I mean? Well, I used to be able to pick any book and read it I would know what books to look forward to, what books are out in the market, which ones are getting good reviews which ones aren't. I used to stop by the bookstore EVERY TIME I go to the mall. I felt like I was just going about everyday, as if I had nothing to look forward to.

Which brings me to my challenge. Basically, I should read a new book every week. It doesn't matter what genre as long as its not required for class. I would then have to post a short review on my blog as proof that I have read it. One book a week isn't much but if I am able to this I can read 52 books in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment